Giant Cookie for Santa
What better way to butter up Santa than to bake him his MOST favorite cookie EVER! A scrumptious, soft and chewy-centered, yet crispy-edged, chocolate-in-every-bite GIANT cookie! Test baked by Mrs. Claus. Ho, ho, ho, let's go kids! It's super quick and easy to make!
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg yolk whisked
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup red and green M&Ms regular or mini
- ½ tsp Christmas sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla with a spoon or rubber spatula until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt, gently stirring until just incorporated, making sure not to over mix your dough.
- Fold in about 3/4's of the M&Ms and sprinkles.
- Scoop dough onto center of baking sheet and shape it into a 4 inch flattened circle.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 of the M&Ms and sprinkles over top.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges just start to turn a golden brown, but center is still soft and puffy.
- Remove from oven and let cookie sit on baking sheet for about 5-8 minutes. The residual heat from the pan will continue to cook and set the middle of the cookie for a soft, chewy center and crisp, buttery edge.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to one month.
- Leave it out with a glass of milk for Santa on Christmas Eve! And remember to leave a snack for the reindeer.